Last Updated: September 10th, 2021
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, billing and shipping address, phone number, payment information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: We collect information about your transactions with us, including product details and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access and use our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the geolocation of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices section below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you, such as from identity verification services, mailing list providers, event partners, and data co-ops. For example, if you create or log into your LIT account through a social media service, we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media service.
Information we Derive or Infer
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, and develop new products and services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, customer experience survey and recall notices;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services and in our stores;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by LIT and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites ;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of LIT and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, marketing and advertising, analytics and customer service;
- With third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by contacting us at [email protected];
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of LIT or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among LIT and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you submit a product review or post content in public areas of our Services.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
LIT is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from LIT by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
You may opt out of receiving text messages (SMS) from LIT by replying “stop” to any message.